Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Nick Zimmerman <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/04 03:32:23 UTC

Unable to add a Form to a ModalWindow opened from within another ModalWindow

Hello,

I am trying to use ModalWindows to control the workflow of a survey
creation page. I have run into an issue where I am not able to
add a Form to a Panel based ModalWindow that was opened from another
Panel based ModalWindow.

I can add a Form to a Panel based ModalWindow if I open it from a Page
based ModalWindow, but then the Panel based ModalWindow is contained
within the borders of the Page based ModalWindow instead of floating
above the page and the previous ModalWindow.

Is there a way to add the Form using only Panel based ModalWindows?
Otherwise, is there a way to get the second ModalWindow to be able to
move beyond the borders of the Page based ModalWindow?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

-Nick

Re: Unable to add a Form to a ModalWindow opened from within another ModalWindow

Posted by Nick Zimmerman <al...@gmail.com>.
As an update to my question, I have been able to add a Form to a Page
based ModalWindow that was opened from another Page based ModalWindow.
The top ModalWindow can now be moved beyond the confines of the parent
ModalWindow. The problem still exists when trying to add a Form to a
Panel based ModalWindow that was opened from another Panel based
ModalWindow.

Does anyone know of a work around for the Panel based ModalWindows?
Using Page based ModalWindows is limiting my ability to update content
on the underlying WebPage via Ajax.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

-Nick