Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Sergey Soldatov <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/28 00:16:54 UTC

secured cluster with docker

Hi guys,
Any hint how to create a secured cluster using vagrant-puppet docker
deployment? Possible someone has a sample?

Thanks,
Sergey

Re: secured cluster with docker

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

There is a lxc kerberos demo deployment I presented last year. http://github.com/oflebbe/inst and presentation
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/hadoopoflebbe.pdf

We have reengineered the puppet/kerberos integration lately.  That's one of the things I have still to upstream ...

Olaf

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I believe docker shouldn't be any different from a normal puppet deployment.
And for that, you should be able to trigger the secured provisioning by simply
setting

  hadoop::hadoop_security_authentication: "kerberos"
  hadoop::kerberos_realm: "your.realm.com"

in the site.yaml file. There could be a few more, just check
    bigtop-deploy/puppet/hieradata/bigtop/cluster.yaml
under "# Kerberos" section

Cos

Posted by Sergey Soldatov <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olaf,