Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kevin C. Rea" <kc...@lucent.com> on 2000/03/17 18:33:02 UTC

How about some understanding! Re: Can't create store repository: /./repository

Donald

I did get my answer by roaming through the archives and fiddling quite a
while. I didn't post my question until I was out of patience (sorry about
this) however  I know I am not the only one that is frustrated with
configuration issues. I  also understand that it is sometimes best to learn
the 'hard' way BUT that doesn't warrant a terse response like what you did
"again" below.

If you don't want to be the target of frustrated people, why do you assume
that we already "know it all"?  Instead why don't step down off your box and
address the problem at hand which is:  The comment in the cocoon.properties
file concerning the repository is lacking in explanation for some people and
as a result may further lengthen the "fiddling" factor beyond reasonable
patience.

Is there anyone out there who agrees with this?  I'm not trying to be mean -
I'm trying to help.

"A complaining customer is your best friend"

Kevin
Posted by Ulrich Mayring <u...@123.org>.
"Kevin C. Rea" wrote:

> If you don't want to be the target of frustrated people, why do you assume
> that we already "know it all"?  Instead why don't step down off your box
> and
> address the problem at hand which is:  The comment in the cocoon.properties
> file concerning the repository is lacking in explanation for some people

Hm? That comment says that you should put an absolute path there, if you
have problems with a relative one. And it says that the directory must
be writable by the user the servlet engine runs under. It is not
cocoon's business to explain the difference between absolute and
relative paths or what a user and a process is.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
u@123.org