Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2011/09/22 19:35:55 UTC

Committers: ensure you commit to the proper branch/version.

When committing a change be sure where you are committing it.

Mahadev recently branched for 3.4, so if a jira is expected for 3.4.0
be sure to commit it to branch-3.4.

Ben recently committed ZOOKEEPER 1191 and 1192 to trunk only. This
means the fixes will only be available in 3.5.0, not 3.4.0.

Be sure to check the "fix version" when committing - notice that 1192
is marked for both 3.4.0 and 3.5.0 (trunk) branches, which 1191 is
marked for just 3.4.0 (not 3.5.0/trunk, which it seems likely it
should also be applied to).

Also, generally it's a bad practice to commit two jiras in one commit.
We should try to commit one patch to one commit. This simplifies any
issues we might have to handle later - such as rolling back a
particular change.

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: Committers: ensure you commit to the proper branch/version.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
That's fine, however the JIRA do not reflect this. (fixed version)

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.