Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/02 16:10:59 UTC

Solr Sharding and idf

Is there still issue regarding distributed idf in sharding environment in
Solr 1.4 or 4.0?
If yes, any suggestions to resolve it?

Thanks,

Jae

Re: Solr Sharding and idf

Posted by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I knew that the ticket is still open. This is why I am looking for the
solutions now.

Re: Solr Sharding and idf

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr Sharding and idf

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
As I understand it there is, and the best you can do is keep the same
number of docs per shard, and keep your documents randomised across
shards. That way you'll minimise the chances of suffering from
distributed IDF issues.

Upayavira

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 10:10 -0500, "Jae Joo" <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there still issue regarding distributed idf in sharding environment in
> Solr 1.4 or 4.0?
> If yes, any suggestions to resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jae