Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lee Grey <lg...@progress.com> on 2005/05/05 02:54:35 UTC

Returning a text/javascript response

I'd like to have Tapestry generate and return a response of Content-Type
text/javascript.  Two things seem to stand in the way of that:

	1. I can't figure out how to set the response type to
text/javascript, and
	2. I can't figure out how to stop the decorators from putting
headers, footers, and other non-javascript into the response.

Part of the complication is that I'm using Tapestry as part of AppFuse,
so #2 may be a SiteMesh/AppFuse issue, but I'm a little fuzzy on where
the line of demarcation lies.  But the question of changing the content
type seems to be a Tapestry question.

By default, AppFuse uses BasePage, but I am thinking I want to use
AbstractPage and call setContentType("text/javascript").  However, I
trying to do this in beginPageRender(), but it doesn't seem to be
getting called.

I'm quite lost.  :-)  I could use a pointer or two.

Thanks in advance,
Lee Grey
Senior Systems Engineer
Sonic Software - Achieving business agility through flexible
architectures
http://www.sonicsoftware.com