Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ab...@webgain.com on 2001/09/01 01:32:44 UTC

build war file using ant

hi all,

i am using this .xml file to build an war file

what is the ant command that i should use to build a .war file ?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<war warfile="myapp.war" webxml="src/metadata/myapp.xml">
  <fileset dir="src/html/myapp"/>
  <fileset dir="src/jsp/myapp"/>
  <lib dir="thirdparty/libs">
    <exclude name="jdbc1.jar"/>
  </lib>
  <classes dir="build/main"/>
  <zipfileset dir="src/graphics/images/gifs" prefix="images"/>
</war>

thanks

abhinand

Re: build war file using ant

Posted by Gary Keim <gk...@bea.com>.
Sounds to me like he doesn't know how to wrap that fragment in a target and
then how to invoke that target.  If that's true, RTM, my dear distant
colleague.

Clue: wrap a <target name="build-war"></target> around that fragment, place
it in a file named build.xml and invoke ant like:

% ant build-war

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.