Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by z11373 <z1...@outlook.com> on 2016/06/13 14:53:35 UTC

Re: cached connector

Sorry to bring up this old thread.
I decided to cache my object, because apparently it took additional 2s for
initializing Accumulo stuff (besides connection to 2 datacenters, it creates
writer/scanner for few tables). I do have different but somewhat related
question here.

My service is running on Jetty, and there are several instances running in
the cluster. Still, when there are many requests coming, 1 Jetty service
instance will need to handle many requests, and since I cache the object,
all of them will share the same Accumulo connector and writers (they don't
share scanners, because I read somewhere it said that's not recommended).

Will this approach of sharing Accumulo connector cause bottleneck, hence
lower the throughput?