Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> on 2008/03/05 16:26:37 UTC

[IMPORTANT] The repositories at svn.collab.net have been migrated

I've swapped the old repositories at svn.collab.net for new ones, built
using a modified svnsync binary which strips svn:mergeinfo and transforms
svnmerge-integrated properties into svn:mergeinfo.  As a result of this
history-changing operation, you will need to checkout new working copies of
svn.collab.net repositories.

    *** SADLY, SUBVERSION WON'T NECESSARILY REMIND YOU OF THIS ***

Also, folks keeping svnsync'd mirrors of those repositories are encouraged
to move your existing mirrors aside for a while and begin new mirrors.

I have *not* put hook logic in place that would require you to use
Subversion 1.5 clients when committing against the repository, but of course
you are strongly advised to do so, especially if you are performing merge
operations.

I hope this transition goes smoothly.  (If not, I still have the old 1.4
versions of the repositories on standby.)

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

Re: [IMPORTANT] The repositories at svn.collab.net have been migrated

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:26 AM, C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net> wrote:
>> I've swapped the old repositories at svn.collab.net for new ones, built
>>  using a modified svnsync binary which strips svn:mergeinfo and transforms
>>  svnmerge-integrated properties into svn:mergeinfo.  As a result of this
>>  history-changing operation, you will need to checkout new working copies of
>>  svn.collab.net repositories.
>>
>>     *** SADLY, SUBVERSION WON'T NECESSARILY REMIND YOU OF THIS ***
>
> Well, this is patently bogus.  I just ran svn up on an old working
> copy and SVN didn't complain.  We have some serious issues here that
> need to be resolved...  -- justin

Thanks goodness we did option #3 so we'd know about these issues! ;-)

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.