Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Scovetta, Michael V" <Mi...@ca.com> on 2005/04/15 21:29:55 UTC

[Not sure] - "GenericComparator"

Hello-

I'm looking for something that'll let me sort objects based on one or more properties:

	GenericComparator gc = new GenericComparator(myObject.class);
	gc.addField("field1");
	gc.addField(field2);
	gc.addMethod("method1");

	Collections.sort(myVector, gc);

I'd expect the functionality to be such that myVector is made up of myObjects, and myObjects have fields field1 and field2, and method method1(). If a.field1 > b.field1, then a > b. If a.field1 == b.field1, then move on to field2, etc.

Does anyone know if this functionality exists in any of the Jakarta tools?

Thanks!

Michael Scovetta
Computer Associates
Senior Application Developer