Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Corey, Mike" <mi...@sap.com> on 2020/06/09 13:53:27 UTC

MySQL Version Clarity

Hi,

Can someone confirm the version of MySQL for CS 4.14?

The documentation only states the below; however it doesn't mention specific build revisions or update versions of MySQL (5.7 or 8.0).

"CloudStack has been tested with MySQL 5.1 and 5.5. These versions are included in RHEL/CentOS and Ubuntu."

Mike Corey

Technology Senior Consultant, IT CS CTW Operation & Virtualization Service US

SAP AMERICA, INC. 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073 United States

T +1 610 661 0905, M +1 484 274 2658, E mike.corey@sap.com

[cid:image003.png@01D63E43.D1FD07C0]

Re: MySQL Version Clarity

Posted by Michael Kesper <mk...@schokokeks.org>.
Hi Andrija,

Am 09.06.20 um 17:47 schrieb Andrija Panic:
> Don't abuse MariaDB, as there is known incompatibilities (i.e. 5.5 would be
> fine, but versions 10.x are known to not really work)
> Community MySQL versions are fine, we usually use those.

Did anyone investigate into the reasons for that?
Naïvely I'd expect it to be a drop in replacement.

Best
Michael

Re: MySQL Version Clarity

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.14.0.0/releasenotes/compat.html

"MySQL 5.5, 5.6, 5.7"

Don't abuse MariaDB, as there is known incompatibilities (i.e. 5.5 would be
fine, but versions 10.x are known to not really work)
Community MySQL versions are fine, we usually use those.

Best
Andrija

--

Andrija Panić