Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2019/08/14 00:00:33 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] The first hbase-2.0.6 release candidate is available for download

(NOTE: branch-2.0 is being EOL'd. 2.0.6 will be the last branch-2.0
release).

Please vote on this Apache HBase release candidate (RC), 2.0.6.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.0.6

The tag to be voted on is 2.0.6RC0:

 https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.0.6RC0

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.0.6RC0/

It also includes an API differences report. There is a removed method and an
undone super-Interface since previous release. See what you all think. See:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.0.6RC0/api_compare_2.0.5_to_2.0.6RC0.html#Top

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1325/

Artifacts were signed with the stack@duboce.net key which can be found in:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

[SUNK] [ANNOUNCE] The first hbase-2.0.6 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Let me kill this RC0. Duo made me paranoid so I did a more thorough compare
of commit log to JIRA (and vice versa) and found at least one mis-labeled
fixVersion (Duo found some that didn't have fixVersion set for 2.0.6). Let
me roll a new RC in the morning that will have more accurate
CHANGES/RELEASENOTES.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] The first hbase-2.0.6 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1 from me.