Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Adamo,Vince" <va...@paypal.com> on 2013/04/29 20:53:56 UTC

oracle jdbc trace

Hello,

Has anyone been successful in configuring JMeter to log Oracle JDBC trace messages?  I have confirmed that I copied the correct debug driver (i.e. ojdbc6_g.jar) to {jmeter_install}/lib and that no other oracle jar is present.  I have modified the jmeter.bat file to include the following JVM arg: -Doracle.jdbc.Trace=true And I have tried the following in my efforts to generate JDBC trace messages:

1)      modified jmeter.properties to include "log_level.oracle.jdbc=FINE"

2)      modified log4j.conf to include a similar entry "log4j.logger.oracle.jdbc.level=FINE"

3)      and have also created a separate OracleLog.properties file with entries as recommended in the white paper titled by "Oracle JDBC Logging using java.util.logging"

For 2 and 3 above I added the recommended jvm option "-Djava.util.logging.config.file={location}"

I think it has something to do with how JMeter handles logging that might be incompatible with the oracle driver trace logging implementation, but I'm not sure how to get around that.

Thanks,
Vince

RE: oracle jdbc trace