Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Cameron Goodale <si...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/06 16:35:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] - PGE Documentation

Hey Team,

I opened OODT-171 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-171> to track
the progress of making documentation for the PGE component.  The goal is to
get a Basic User Guide out the door in the next 2 weeks.  I know that
several of you have used PGE with great success, so if you can contribute to
the documentation it would really be appreciated.

Right now I am just collecting thoughts, ideas and brainstorming on this
wiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/CAS-PGE+Help+and+Documentation

Once we have enough content to warrant a Basic User Guide I will capture the
content and feed it back into the trunk and site.  If you want to add in
Advanced User Guide material, that is great too, since we will need one of
those as well, I just wanted to cover the basics during this first
iteration.

Thanks to everyone and I look forward to your contributions.

Best Regards,

Cameron

--

Sent from a Tin Can attached to a String

Re: [DISCUSS] - PGE Documentation

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks Cameron, +1, I'll try and add to this...

Cheers,
Chris

On Apr 6, 2011, at 7:35 AM, Cameron Goodale wrote:

> Hey Team,
>
> I opened OODT-171 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-171> to track
> the progress of making documentation for the PGE component.  The goal is to
> get a Basic User Guide out the door in the next 2 weeks.  I know that
> several of you have used PGE with great success, so if you can contribute to
> the documentation it would really be appreciated.
>
> Right now I am just collecting thoughts, ideas and brainstorming on this
> wiki page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/CAS-PGE+Help+and+Documentation
>
> Once we have enough content to warrant a Basic User Guide I will capture the
> content and feed it back into the trunk and site.  If you want to add in
> Advanced User Guide material, that is great too, since we will need one of
> those as well, I just wanted to cover the basics during this first
> iteration.
>
> Thanks to everyone and I look forward to your contributions.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Cameron
>
> --
>
> Sent from a Tin Can attached to a String

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov