Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Amit Pundir <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/17 19:15:06 UTC

Visor CLI not working (Apache Ignite 2.0.0)

Hi Everyone,
I am using Ignite 2.0.0 and trying to launch the visorcmd cli. It shows the
'Connected' message but always outputs 'No caches found' message. The
aforementioned cache exists on the cluster though as I can query it through
a java client.

The commands I use to run Ignite cache and the visorcmd cli are mentioned
below -

*Ingite Command* - ./bin/ignite.sh
*Visor Command* - ./bin/ignitevisorcmd.sh -cfg=config/default-config.xml

/I have modified the default-config.xml to use the TcpIpFinder cluster
configuration and added the seed node IPs./

Is there anything incorrect/missing in what I am doing.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Visor CLI not working (Apache Ignite 2.0.0)

Posted by Vasiliy Sisko <vs...@gridgain.com>.
Hello @Amit Pundir

Visor show “Empty topology” message for “top” command when it can not find
nodes. Please check your discovery configuration. It should contain valid IP
addresses and ports. F.e. address format:
  <value>127.0.0.1:47500..47510</value>
That addresses should be available from system where visor cli is started.

Visor cli start internal node. So you should add address of visor cli into
discovery configuration:
  <value>IP Address 1</value>
  <value>IP Address 2</value>
  <value>IP Address 3</value>
  <value>IP Address 4</value>
  <value>Visor IP Address</value>

Re: Visor CLI not working (Apache Ignite 2.0.0)

Posted by Amit Pundir <am...@gmail.com>.
I am running Ignite on Linux. There are 4 VMs where I have set up Ignite. All
the VMs have exact same configuration. The details for one of the VM
configuration is below -

Installation directory - /opt/ignite
Command used to run ignite (from /opt/ignite directory) - ./bin/ignite.sh
Command used to run visor cli (from /opt/ignite directory) -
./bin/ignitevisorcmd.sh -cfg=config/default-config.xml

The contents of the config file (/opt/ignite/config/default-config.xml) -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

       xsi:schemaLocation="
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

    <bean id="grid.cfg"
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">

        <property name="discoverySpi">
                <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">
                        <property name="ipFinder">

<bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.vm.TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder">
                                        <property name="addresses">
                                                <list>
                                                        <value>IP Address
1</value>
                                                        <value>IP Address
2</value>
                                                        <value>IP Address
3</value>
                                                        <value>IP Address
4</value>
                                                </list>
                                        </property>
                                </bean>
                        </property>
                </bean>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

/Please consider IP Address 1/2/3/4 as the correct IPs for my VMs./

Re: Visor CLI not working (Apache Ignite 2.0.0)

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org>.
Amit,

Please attach full config.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 2:15 AM, Amit Pundir <am...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I am using Ignite 2.0.0 and trying to launch the visorcmd cli. It shows the
> 'Connected' message but always outputs 'No caches found' message. The
> aforementioned cache exists on the cluster though as I can query it through
> a java client.
>
> The commands I use to run Ignite cache and the visorcmd cli are mentioned
> below -
>
> *Ingite Command* - ./bin/ignite.sh
> *Visor Command* - ./bin/ignitevisorcmd.sh -cfg=config/default-config.xml
>

> /I have modified the default-config.xml to use the TcpIpFinder cluster
> configuration and added the seed node IPs./
>
> Is there anything incorrect/missing in what I am doing.
>
> Thanks for the help in advance.

Alexey Kuznetsov