Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Adam OGorman <ao...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/07/13 20:21:39 UTC

G2.0 deployment problem: Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper" in gbean

Hello everyone, I am actually using a version of WASCE2.0 (with embedded
derby) that is based on Geronimo 2.0 M4. I am trying to deploy an EAR (that
contains a WAR and a JAR, the JAR speaks to the datasource). The deployment
error that I keep hitting is the following:

    Error: Unable to distribute lunchinator.ear: Unable to resolve reference
"JtaDataSourceWrapper" in  gbean
default/lunchinator/1.0/car?EJBModule=lunchinatorDomain.jar,J2EEApplication=default/lunchinator/1.0/car,PersistenceUnitModule=lunchinatorDomain.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=maketechnologies-com-lunchinator
to a gbean matching the pattern

[?name=java:comp/env/jdbc/dgreen#org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionFactorySource]
due to: No matches for referencePatterns:

[?name=java:comp/env/jdbc/dgreen#org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionFactorySource]

Has anyone seen this before? I have searched extensively and there are only
3 references anywhere to JtaDataSourceWrapper!

I have a global database pool called "dgreen", and this is referenced in the
geronimo deployment descriptors, I'm pretty sure that part is correct, if I
change the binding to "dgreen" in anyway I get the error that it cannot
resolve the resource reference "jdbc/dgreen"

Any insight or tips would be really appreciated, my deployment descriptors
are as follows:

application.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

	lunchinator

			lunchinatorWeb.war
			lunchinatorWeb

		lunchinatorDomain.jar

	tranql-connector-ra-1.3.rar

geronimo-application.xml:

      default
      lunchinator
      1.0
      car

        console.dbpool
        dgreen
        1.0
        rar

    tranql-connector-ra-1.3.rar
    deployment/data-source-plan.xml

persistence.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

geronimo-web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

      default
      lunchinatorWeb
      1.0
      car

  /lunchinatorWeb

"dgreen" dbpool plan:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

            console.dbpool
            dgreen
            1.0
            rar

                org.apache.derby
                derby
                10.2.2.0
                jar

                javax.sql.DataSource

                    dgreen

                            10
                            0

Re: G2.0 deployment problem: Unable to resolve reference "JtaDataSourceWrapper" in gbean

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
jtaDataSourceWrapper doesn't use jndi to find the datasource: you
need to give it something related to the gbean name of the datasource
wrapper.  If you just supply the name of the datasource, here
"green", and make sure the datasource deployment is an ancestor of
the ear (or use external-modules to deploy it with the ear) it should
work.  if you have lots of green datasources you can provide more
components of the gbean name such as
<jtaDataSourceWrapper>name=green,J2EEApplication=default/viridian/1.0/
car</jtaDataSourceWrapper>

My experience with openjpa and derby is that it doesn't work unless
you also supply a nonJtaDataSourceWrapper.

daytrader jpa is now working so you might want to compare that setup
if you have further problems.

You might want to avoid pasting xml into nabble unless you can figure
out a way to escape it.

thanks
david jencks