Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se> on 2006/01/19 23:43:07 UTC

[all] Dependencies on Maven plugins for building sites

Is there a policy for adding dependencies on specific versions of
maven-plugins to a commons component? A quick look in SVN tells me that
8 components in commons proper such dependencies.

I'd like to add the usual site generation plugins: site and xdoc, and
also maven-jxr-plugin-1.4.3. The 1.4.3 version solves broken links such
as the one after the "package" keyword found at the top of this file:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/xref-test/org/apache/commons/logging/SimpleLogTestCase.html

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [all] Dependencies on Maven plugins for building sites

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.
Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 1/19/06, Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se> wrote:
>> Martin Cooper wrote:
>>>
>>> I think this is as close to "policy" as we get:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-build/trunk/pluginUpdate.txt
>>>
>>> I know that's not what you're asking, but I'd suggest not explicitly adding
>>> the ones that are already listed in that file.
>> Thanks Martin
>>
>> I cannot find maven-jxr-plugin in that list. The reason for using a
>> newer version, than the one that comes in the Maven 1.0.2 distribution,
>> is to not get broken links in the generated site. This is something that
>> all commons components would benefit from.
>>
>> Should I add maven-jxr-plugin to the list?
>
> +1 - as long as your are confident that it will not break anything.
>
> Phil

I've had a look at the old vs. the new version of the plugin and there
are minimal changes. So an upgrade would not be a problem.

However, that look made me realize that the problem at hand is not a
frequent one, as I had first thought. It only occurs when the source
file is not correctly formatted. So I fixed the source file instead.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.