Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ashutosh Sharma <as...@hotmail.com> on 2008/12/05 10:49:02 UTC

Override annotation

Hi All,

I would like to override the annotation done by the previous analysis engine based on start offset values in current Analysis Engine.
Suppose, there are two AEs - AE1 and AE2. AE1 has annotated VAL1. When the AE2 run, it again annotate the VAL1. So, I need to override the annotation made by the AE1 when AE2 annotate the same VAL1.

Is there any feature or options by which we can do above.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashu

Register once and play all contests. Increase your scores with bonus credits for logging in daily on MSN.
http://specials.msn.co.in/msncontest/index.aspx

Re: Override annotation

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
Not sure exactly what you want to do .... if the type of the annotation is
the same and you just want to modify one of its features then you can just
set the new value in AE2.  If you change a feature used in its index, e.g.
begin or end, you'd have to remove the original from the indices and add it
again after updating the span value(s).

Another approach is to add a

Re: Override annotation

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.