Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/09/10 22:52:14 UTC

Re: [ApacheCon] Titles and Abstracts

On 08/08/2014 Rich Bowen wrote:
> * Read titles and abstracts. Can they be improved? Is a title unclear,
> not compelling, not descriptive, just plain boring? Are there typos,
> grammatical errors, or awkward sentences in the abstract? Are there
> placeholders that need to be filled? That kind of thing.

This looked OK until... until today I clicked on

http://apacheconeu2014.sched.org/event/6ab6772bd382bb86151c1f43adb8ef26

and saw that the title, speaker (me, next to title) and abstract look
correct and similar to the values I submitted, but at a closer look the
speaker bio under the abstract is not mine: it's the one of Christian
Schneider.

Indeed if you look at
http://apacheconeu2014.sched.org/speaker/christianschneider
you'll see that Christian is reported to be giving about 20 talks with
half a dozen different identities... something has to be fixed here.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [ApacheCon] Titles and Abstracts

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Thanks. This should be resolved now. Seems it was an upstream problem
with Sched.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon