Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by yannv <ya...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/14 15:03:44 UTC

Operation not allowed: STORED BY (from Spark Dataframe save)

Hello,

I am trying to create a carbon data table from a Spark Data Frame, however I
am getting an error with the (automatic create table statement)

I run this code on spark-shell (passing the carbon data assembly jar file
for 1.4.0 as well as master branch), on Azure HDInsight cluster with spark
2.2.1.

Code used :

This is the error I am getting :

I tried various constructors for the carbon object without success.
Note : I can create a Carbondata table and insert data from CSV file
successfully, but it looks like when the save is executed it tries to create
the (new) table and I get this error on "Stored by"...

Regards,
Yann

Re: Operation not allowed: STORED BY (from Spark Dataframe save)

Posted by yannv <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi xuchuanyin

Thank you for your reply.

Raghu found the problem with my code.

I had to remove import spark.implicits._ ad use import carbon.implicits._
instead.

Thanks,

Posted by xuchuanyin <xu...@hust.edu.cn>.
Hi, did you create the dataframe through SparkSession?
If it is so, you do better to create that with CarbonSession, which extends
the SparkSession.

You may need to refer to
https://github.com/apache/carbondata/blob/master/docs/quick-start-guide.md