Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Roberto Cosenza <ro...@infoflexconnect.se> on 2008/03/10 21:47:03 UTC

Ofbiz and Eclipse (or IntelliJ)

Hi.
Is anybody using a IDE to compile ofbiz?  I mean not compiling through
ant but though the built in compiler.
I tried using the .classpath/.project files provided in svn but with
no good results.

/Roberto

Re: Ofbiz and Eclipse (or IntelliJ)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Roberto Cosenza" <ro...@infoflexconnect.se>
> Altough this is helping me a lot I cant't believe that there is no
> developer of the core ofbiz using an ide "properly" configured, with a
> maintained project file. Is everybody using command line to compile?
>
> /roberto

You can use Ant from Eclipse (I guess it's what most of us do). Did you search for "eclipse in the wiki ?

Jacques

Re: Ofbiz and Eclipse (or IntelliJ)

Posted by Roberto Cosenza <ro...@infoflexconnect.se>.
Thanx, I do like using command line but still i like to use an editor
with refactoring support/formatting help when needed.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Cosenza <ro...@infoflexconnect.se>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Cosenza <ro...@infoflexconnect.se>.

Posted by Ryan Sweet <ry...@sourcelabs.com>.
I'm not sure that would make sense, as they will have lots of internal
(to my system)  modules and dependencies (I depend on other systems than
ofbiz).

Here's what you can do:
1) Create new project (java project) - point this at your module under
${OFBIZ_HOME}/hot-deploy (I use maven 2, so to start from scratch I
would go to the hot-deploy dir and do a new "mvn archetype:create" in
that dir).
2) for IntelliJ, go to File->New Module, create new Java Module, import
and existing src root, point it at ${OFBIZ_HOME}.
3) in the ant module for intellij, add the top level build.xml as an ant
build file.

as an alternate to 2) you could add each application and framework dir
separately as an intellij module - if I were going to work on ofbiz core
that is what I would do.

your mileage may vary.

regards,
-Ryan