Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 17:54:36 UTC

Merges as a feature

Just a quick question - is merges as a feature going away? I haven't
seen anything about that here, but just checking.

Re: Merges as a feature

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
You have the power

Re: Merges as a feature

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
TACO?
I'm hungry now :-p

- Carlos
Sent from my iPhone

Re: Merges as a feature

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikhil
   I think I owe you an answer for a question you posted, on how mfp
handles this

In regards to MFP in the latest version (Aug2015). Now we have a two way of
creating hybrid apps.
In the new way "MFP Cordova Apps" the directory structure is the same as a
standard cordova directory structure, our default template doesn't create
the "merges", user can create the merges folder and it will work since we
use the cordova-cli as the engine. User can also provide a template that
could have the merges and any files, and this another way of getting the
merges folder created.

This is strategy moving forward, mfp is a component of the user's Cordova
App, so mfp doesn't constraints or dictates how user should manage their
web app files.

For the other type of hybrid apps, we have a more prescriptive directory
structure (take into account that this was establish before cordova 3.x and
cordova project structure existed)
user will have a "common" folder (similar to www)
then it will have a folder per platform/environment "iphone", "android",
etc..
then inside the this "iphone" user will place files to merge into built
"www". The thing is the merge worked differently based on the type of
file/extension.
For .js and .css, it is append to the same filename in common if exist, if
it doesn't exist then is a simple copy
For other file types (.html, images, etc..) it replaces the file if it
exist in common, if it doesn't exist then is a simple copy

--Carlos

Re: Merges as a feature

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.

RE: Merges as a feature