Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by LYNN BRUBAKER <ly...@sympatico.ca> on 2013/08/24 14:36:34 UTC

Help I'm being invaded

Every day I get about 10 emails concerning how to work Open Office.  Every day I get rid of them by putting them in junk, but the next day I'll get about ten more.  I don't think they are people trying to contact Apache Open Office, but the old Open Office - now defunct.  Is there any way you can tell your PC people how to contact you now?
Lynn BrubakerApple User

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
Can you simply unsubscribe to the list?

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by 許哲崇 <fi...@gmail.com>.
I have another idea. Create a folder by name of WorkOpenOffice. Move
related emails to the folder. Do not delete them. Maybe you will be
interested or some THING will process them.

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 05:30:45 -0300
Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM, LYNN BRUBAKER
> <ly...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> > Every day I get about 10 emails concerning how to work Open Office
>
> Lynn,
>
> You, or someone with access to your PC subscribed your e-mail address
> to the users@openoffice.apache.org" mailing list.
>
> A mailing list is like a web discussion forum, but with each message
> delivered by e-mail to your mailbox.
>
> In fact, mailing lists existed way before web based forums, and many
> people prefer them to forums.
>
> Now, if you didnt subscribe, someone with access to your PC did.
>
> If you want to unsubscribe (remove your address from the mailing list)
> send an empty email to the following address

> After that, you will receive in your mailbox a response e-mail. Hope this helps!
> FC

Fernando omitted to mention that you _must_ reply to the response email or you will not be unsubscribed.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Robert Holtzm <ho...@cox.net>.
On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 06:44:29PM +0000, rashiedagam@gmail.com wrote:
> Unsubscribe
> Sent from my BlackBerry®

No, lad. You *don't* send it to the users list.

Can't you read?

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 3:44 PM,  <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unsubscribe

I think the powers that be are putting *something* into people's
drinkng water...

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell

Sent from my BlackBerry®

Posted by "Mr. Phan Anh" <pp...@gmail.com>.
Did you send an email to this address:
Compose an email with that email address, the subject of this email is
unsubscribe, then send without the content of the email.
Done.
For sure, that will work with me.

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Rene Norman <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have asked to be unsubscribed several times, yet i am still getting
> emails daily.
>
> don't know what else to do.
> On Aug 25, 2013, at 7:58 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
>
> > At 05:30 25/08/2013 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> >> You, or someone with access to your PC subscribed your e-mail address
> to the users@openoffice.apache.org" mailing list.
> >> [...]
> >> Now, if you didn't subscribe, someone with access to your PC did.
> >
> > There is absolutely no need for anyone to have access to a particular PC
> in order to subscribe to a mailing list, of course.  What is necessary is
> to have access to the relevant e-mail account; any "someone" making a
> malicious subscription may simply have obtained access to the account
> password.
> >
> > Brian Barker

> rene'

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by ra...@gmail.com.
Sent from my BlackBerry®

i have asked to be unsubscribed several times, yet i am still getting emails daily.

don't know what else to do.
On Aug 25, 2013, at 7:58 AM, Brian Barker wrote:

> At 05:30 25/08/2013 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> [...]
>> Now, if you didn't subscribe, someone with access to your PC did.
>
> There is absolutely no need for anyone to have access to a particular PC in order to subscribe to a mailing list, of course.  What is necessary is to have access to the relevant e-mail account; any "someone" making a malicious subscription may simply have obtained access to the account password.
>
> Brian Barker

rene'

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Rene Norman <re...@gmail.com>.
i have asked to be unsubscribed several times, yet i am still getting emails daily.

don't know what else to do.
On Aug 25, 2013, at 7:58 AM, Brian Barker wrote:

> At 05:30 25/08/2013 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> [...]
>> Now, if you didn't subscribe, someone with access to your PC did.
>
> There is absolutely no need for anyone to have access to a particular PC in order to subscribe to a mailing list, of course.  What is necessary is to have access to the relevant e-mail account; any "someone" making a malicious subscription may simply have obtained access to the account password.
>
> Brian Barker

rene'

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Brian Barker
<b....@btinternet.com> wrote:

> There is absolutely no need for anyone to have access to a particular PC in
> order to subscribe to a mailing list, of course.  What is necessary is to
> have access to the relevant e-mail account; any "someone" making a malicious
> subscription may simply have obtained access to the account password.

You're right, by "access to your PC" I ment the users's credentials
not any given hardware.
I was thinking of my own system where I have passwords saved by my browser.

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Help I'm being invaded

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
You're not invaded you're subscribed.
If you don't wish to receive these emails you can unsubscribe.

And yes there is a way how people can know how to contact the user
community or the developers
It's all on the the website <http://openoffice.apache.org/> so every
time you receive such email reply and inform them about the website.

Have fun