Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Steven Bower <sm...@alcyon.net> on 2014/01/14 19:41:23 UTC

core.properties and solr.xml

Are there any plans/tickets to allow for pluggable SolrConf and
CoreLocator? In my use case my solr.xml is totally static, i have a
separate dataDir and my core.properties are derived from a separate
configuration (living in ZK) but totally outside of the SolrCloud..

I'd like to be able to not have any instance directories and/or no solr.xml
or core.properties files laying around as right now I just regenerate them
on startup each time in my start scripts..

Obviously I can just hack my stuff in and clearly this could break the
write side of the collections API (which i don't care about for my case)...
but having a way to plug these would be nice..

steve

Re: core.properties and solr.xml

Posted by Steven Bower <sb...@alcyon.net>.
For us we don't fully rely on cloud/collections api for creating and
deploying instances/etc.. we control this via an external mechanism so this
would allow me to have instances figure out what they should be based on an
external system.. we do this now but have to drop core.properties files all
over.. i'd like to not have to do that... its more of a desire for
cleanliness of my filesystem than anything else because this is all
automated at this point..

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.