Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kavitha Muppidi <ka...@ilearning.com> on 2001/04/13 15:41:45 UTC

configuring tomcat for two web-apps

Hi

i have configured tomcat for two web-apps one is the default example which
is in webapps and other is my own application(let me call it as webapps2)
which is in different folder not in webapps folder.
now both are working fine.
the webserver i'm using with tomcat  is IIS

instead of the examples i have to run my another web application (let me
call webapps1)where this web-apps has same properties file name as
webapps2(as i have mentioned above)  but with different functionality.

while starting the tomcat it should serve for both the web application based
upon the respective properties file they have loaded in

for example i'm having the same  file name default.properties for both
web-apps but the content and folders where this file is residing is
different.

in the properties file i have the different attributes which  is to be
loaded in to the servlet engine at startup (which is right now done in
startup servlet ).

i have configured all those startup servlet and initparam in the
corresponding web.xml file
when i try to run it's serving the request for only one web-apps

whether i have to start 2 instance of tomcat for serving 2 different
web-apps?
is there any way, can i do the above with the single instance of tomcat?..

i would appreciate you if u can send me the complete documentation for the
application to be deployed with tomcat serving with 2 different proerties
file

Thanks in advance
Deva