Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/23 18:02:20 UTC

[users@httpd] mod jk too smart

Hello
After the properties files is setup, it appears that I dont need the jkmount lines in httpd.conf. I know that is odd and impossibly, however I tested it rather throughly methodically stopping Apache, TC reversing when any chane to the httpd.conf or workers.properties.  The only edit that broke it was renaming workers.properties.  Not even # the jkmount lines prevented the proxying from working.  Which is good in one way, but indeterminate in another troubling way.  Is this normal?  tia

---------------------------------
Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone.  Get Yahoo! Messenger with Voice

Re: [users@httpd] mod jk too smart

Posted by Ian Brandt <ia...@ianbrandt.com>.
I'm a bit rusty here, but if memory servers you need a JkMount
directive somewhere so that Apache knows to forward a request to
Tomcat via a mod_jk worker.

Can you give more details on your configuration (OS, distro if Linux,
etc.)?

Many Linux distros split the apache configuration for vhosts and
modules into separate directories using the Include directive.  Also,
I've never tried, and the docs don't specify, but perhaps it's also
possible to specify mod_jk directives in per-directory .htaccess files.

On Linux I'd:

grep -ir '^[^#]*JkMount' [any directories where Apache *.conf or
.htaccess files might reside]

Renaming your workers.properties from whatever is specified by your
JkWorkersFile directive would definitely break any JkMounts as there'd
be no worker for Apache to forward the request to.

Regards,

Ian

[users@httpd] http server doesn't respond

Posted by hui xu <lo...@yahoo.ca>.
Hi all,

I am using apache 1.3.35 on windows XP. it worked fine
for 3 weeks. but now when I start apache server. the
server start successfuly. but when I type
192.168.0.100 which worked before just said "website
found, waiting for reply" and in the end the website
not found.

I have check the log files, it saids
 " [warn] getsockname..."

Could any body help me out?