Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lynn Knowles <ly...@macarthurclc.org.au> on 2001/01/29 12:46:29 UTC

Using Cocoon 1.8 with Xalan Java 2

I recently ran into the need to use Cocoon 1.8 with Xalan 2 for Java. In case you weren't aware, Xalan 2 uses a different interface architecture, and so you can't just drop Xalan 2 into Cocoon and go. The v1 compatibility classes supplied with Xalan 2 don't meet Cocoon's requirements, so I hacked up a quick fix. Trust me - this is not releasable code, but for those of you who just want the damn thing to work, this seems to have so far.

The attached class belongs inside the cocoon.jar, in the org/apache/cocoon/transformer directory. If you unpack the jar, replace the one in that directory with the compiled class of this version, and re pack the jar, you should be able to get cocoon working again. You should only need the new v2 version of xalan.jar in the class path as well (not the compatibility jar).

I have a suspicion the changes I made aren't too efficient, but I'm not a cocoon developer, so I know very little about the class architecture and don't really want to.

Reagrds,

Rick Knowles
email: rick_knowles@hotmail.com