Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "b. thym" <be...@thym.de> on 2002/09/11 11:55:00 UTC

2nd header possible?

Hi there,
    I want to have a PDF where I have a normal header (which is always the
same) and a second header on every page which changes a value again and
again after some pages.

 _____________
| XXXXXXXXXXX |  <- normal header
|             |
| xxxxxxxxxyy |  <- second header
|             |
|             |
|             |
|      1      |  <- page #
|_____________|

 _____________
| XXXXXXXXXXX |
|             |
| xxxxxxxxxzz |
|             |
|             |
|             |
|      2      |
|_____________|

The normal header is no problem, but I cannot define a second header which
comes on every page (I cannot integrate it in the normal header because it
changes). The content in the document is a long table which has more than
one page.

Any ideas?

Bye,
    Benny

Re: 2nd header possible?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
b. thym wrote:
> Bonjour Rodolphe,
>
>     thanks for your hint but if I want to use the fo:retrieve-marker fop
> (0.20.4) just says:
>
> [ERROR] null

With 0.20.4, you can only retrieve markers from the
current page. You'll have to get the CVS maintenance
version in order to have the full spec for markers
working.
Try the table-headers approach first.

J.Pietschmann

Re: 2nd header possible?

Posted by Rodolphe VAGNER <ro...@eurodoc-sofilog.com>.
hy, try with this attach file. As I told you I've never used them.

Hope that help.

Posted by "b. thym" <be...@thym.de>.
Bonjour Rodolphe,

Re: 2nd header possible?

Posted by Rodolphe VAGNER <ro...@eurodoc-sofilog.com>.

Re: Content is not allowed

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Leonardo Battagli wrote:
> While trying to print a pdf document I have this error.
> the test.pdf file is a proper PDF file.
>
> [ERROR] FOP 0.20.4
> [ERROR] Logger not set
> [INFO] building formatting object tree
> [ERROR]: Content is not allowed in prolog.
> [ERROR] Content is not allowed in prolog.
> [Fatal Error] test.pdf:1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.

FOP is not a tool for printing PDF files. It expects as it's
input a specific XML vocabulary, XSLFO, and will format it
*into* PDF (or one of a few other formats), or format and
print it.
If you want to print PDF files, use Acrobat Reader, xpdf,
ghostscript or some other PDF related tool.

J.Pietschmann

Content is not allowed

Posted by Leonardo Battagli <ba...@sdb.it>.
>Hi there,

While trying to print a pdf document I have this error.
the test.pdf file is a proper PDF file.

[ERROR] FOP 0.20.4
[ERROR] Logger not set
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[ERROR]: Content is not allowed in prolog.
[ERROR] Content is not allowed in prolog.
[Fatal Error] test.pdf:1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.

My code is very simple

       options = new org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineOptions(this.args);
       org.apache.fop.apps.Starter starter =
(org.apache.fop.apps.Starter)options.getStarter();
       starter.run();

where args contains only the filename and the -print option

Tips?
Leonardo