Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Stickley, Jim" <JS...@birch.com> on 2002/04/08 23:14:46 UTC

Problem with deploying web services with axis...

I am having a problem locating the following file (referenced in your
installation guide and clipped out below):
		/axis/services/AdminService
I can not find anything in the source, or the webapps that looks anything
like this.  I figure it is a file that someone has forgotten to include in
the distribution.
Please help. Thanks.
---- clip from install guide ------------------
Step 5: deploying the web services
The various classes and jars you have just set up contain a number of
interfaces. What remains to be done is to tell the soap and axis servlets
how these are to be combined and what is to be exposed. There are a number
of ways to do this, for now I'll simply describe one way that is suitable
for automation.
*	Add axis.jar, commons-logging.jar, log4j-core.jar, tt-bytecode.jar,
and the XML parser jar file or files (e.g., xerces.jar) to your classpath.
Locate the deployment descriptor for your service and execute the following
command:
			java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd
Note: You may need to replace localhost with your host name, and 8080 with
the port number used by your web server.

Jim Stickley
Birch Telecom
jstickley@birch.com
office: (816) 300-6743
mobile: (816) 213-4878

RE: Problem with deploying web services with axis...

Posted by Brenda Coulson <bc...@cysive.com>.
The URL in the admin guide does not refer to a file, but rather an
'alias'/path that is recognized by the servlet engine which forwards the
request to the Axis Servlet for processing. Did you attempt to execute the
line as stated in the documentation? Assuming that you have configured your
J2EE engine to have the Axis webapps, the execution of the AdminClient
should succeed.

brenda