Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/12/09 14:47:08 UTC

[TESTING] CloudStack 4.3.2 testing

Hi everyone,

In last couple of weeks 103 issues were fixed on 4.3 branch since 4.3.1
release: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.3/CHANGES.md

I want to kick start release process for 4.3.2 next week (15 Dec 2014),
but before that let's test 4.3 branch and fix any blockers and critical
issues. I'll meanwhile try to fix other pending issues till the end of
this week. I've tested 4.3 branch with KVM in both basic and advance
zones and it has worked for me so far.

For the purpose of involving users in the testing process I've build a
noredist rpm/deb repository using SHA 32adae4 from 4.3 branch. Please
use the following repository for testing 4.3.2-SNAPSHOT:

http://packages.bhaisaab.org/cloudstack/testing

If you find any blocker or critical issues please report them on this
thread. Thanks.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add it :)

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: [TESTING] CloudStack 4.3.2 testing

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Actually, it looks like we're considering the release of 4.4.2 in December
along with 4.5.0 and 4.3.2.

We definitely should make sure we give people sufficient time to test RCs
and not run VOTE threads simultaneously.

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <ab...@shapeblue.com>.
Following test worked fine on 4.3 adv zone setup with Xen 6.2:

Register template
VM creation
Multiple primary storages
Storage tagging
VM, Volume snapshots
Volume from snapshot
VPC

In dev setup the storage is configured as local storage by default, since I was using shared storage and was not aware of this, it took some time to figure it out.

Other than that 4.3 worked pretty well. Though if we have any type of automation configured on it, it will be nice to run regression tests and know publish the result.

My thought will be to get this release (4.3.2) out of the door instead of delaying it  past 4.5, 4.5 testing is going to take time as it may require more bug fixing-testing iterations than 4.3.2.
As of now 4.3.2 looks promising.

Abhinandan Prateek

M +919701199011
abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <ab...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <ab...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Mike,

4.4.2 is already released.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Fantastic work Rohit! :)

I tested with the dev branch of devcloud4 binary installation basic [1].

Everything worked without issue, brought up a new ubuntu vm based of the
openvm.eu templates [2]. Template came up without issue, console worked,
password and hostname were successfully set.

Created SG group rules for HTTP and SSH. Both worked as expected.

[1]
https://github.com/imduffy15/devcloud4/tree/dev/binary-installation-basic
[2] http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/ubuntu/vanilla/jenkins/

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.