Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de> on 2009/01/20 17:35:38 UTC

SOLR Problem with special chars

Hello,

My string in my DB is like "Kellogs, Corn- (Flakes)"

When I search with "Kellogs" or "Corn" or "Flakes" I cant find the entry
in my index :-(
Is there something I missing ?

Greets,

--
Ralf Kraus

Re: SOLR Problem with special chars

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.
Otis Gospodnetic schrieb:

now it works :

        <fieldType name="text_new" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
            <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt"/>
                                generateWordParts="1"
                                generateNumberParts="1"
                                catenateWords="1"
                                catenateNumbers="1"
                                catenateAll="0"
                                splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
                <filter class="solr.LengthFilterFactory" min="3"
max="50" />
                <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory"
language="German" />
                <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt" />
            </analyzer>

            <analyzer type="query">
                <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
words="stopwords.txt"/>
                                generateWordParts="1"
                                generateNumberParts="1"
                                catenateWords="0"
                                catenateNumbers="0"
                                catenateAll="0"
                                splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
                <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory"
language="German" />
                <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt" />
            </analyzer>
        </fieldType>

Greets,

Ralf

Re: SOLR Problem with special chars

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.
Otis Gospodnetic schrieb:
> Ralf,
>
> Can you paste the part of your schema.xml where you defined the relevant field?
>
> Otis

Sure !

        <fieldType name="text_normal" class="solr.TextField"
positionIncrementGap="100">
            <analyzer type="index">

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Ralf,