Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Antoine DESSAIGNE <an...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/04 15:02:14 UTC

Kafka issue with upcoming 2021.10 release

Hello everybody,

I've just tested the Kafka_2.12 2.8.1_2 repackage of the upcoming 2021.10
release and it doesn't work. It misses all the org.apache.kafka.* packages.
I hope this feedback doesn't come too late for you.

I just subscribed to this mailing list and didn't find a way to reply to
the "vote" topic.

Thank you for looking into this, have a nice day,

Antoine

Re: Kafka issue with upcoming 2021.10 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

We have basically three options:
- embed the Scala packages in Kafka bundle
- create a bundle for Scala collection compat
- use wrap

I think it’s better to use the same approach I’m using in Karaf Decanter: create an Uber bundle to avoid bunch of specific third party bundles.
I will do it, Decanter features are convenient and working fine.

In the mean time, you can use wrap to creat scala-collcetion-compat bundle on the fly.

Regards
JB

Posted by Antoine DESSAIGNE <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.