Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2008/05/12 12:19:35 UTC

[Axis2] last modified date on modules

Hi, I have axis2 installed with one user id and run as a different id.
It works, but we are getting warnings that the user doesn't have
permissions to update the last modified time on mar/jar/aar files
(actually anything on the classpath with a module.xml). This is
because the userid running axis2 doesn't have write access to the
files in the axis2 install.

Tracking it down to code in axis2: WSInfoList.setLastModifiedDate()
doesn't check the return code from file.setLastModified(). So this
call could fail and Axis2 wouldn't know. Since everything is working
for me (except I get rather a lot of system level warnings that an
attempt was made to modify the module), I was wondering why the
setLastModified() call is there. Is it to do with the hotupdate /
hotdeployment function? If so, why would it be setting the last
modified for non-aar modules.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: [Axis2] last modified date on modules

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Dims, thanks. Sorry wasn't watching closely enough. I'll try that out.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.