Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Rashid Zamani <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/30 14:57:55 UTC

Push Cache behaving weird

I'm Observing a weird behavior on push cache option. When I try

mrz@vida:~> telnet 127.0.0.1 8080
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
PUSH http://www.company.com HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.0 200 OK

<HTML>
</HTML>
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:15:06 GMT
Server: ATS/3.2.0

Connection closed by foreign host.

I get the 200 OK response which I assume it means that I have pushed
content into cache, but when Itry to load the page I pushed (
www.company.com) my browser, loads the page from web not from the cache. (
I have set my browser to use ATS as a forward-proxy).
*
*
Rashid Zamani

Re: Push Cache behaving weird

Posted by Otto van der Schaaf <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rashid,

I think your browser accepts sends an Accept-Encoding header, and the
response you pushed is not encoded. So traffic server fetches a
compressed page from your webserver, and responds with that instead.

Regards,

Otto