Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Parag S <em...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/06 08:03:28 UTC

imp - Tomcat with SSL

Does Tomcat supports SSL????
If yes then which version supports it.

Please let me know immediatly

Thanking you in advance.
parag

Re: imp - Tomcat with SSL

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
On Fri,  6 Jul 2001 16:03, Parag S wrote:
> Does Tomcat supports SSL????
yes it does.  download it - look in $TOMCAT_HOME/doc/tomcat-ssl-howto.html

> If yes then which version supports it.
thats from 3.2

> Please let me know immediatly
hmmm, its a mailing list - we'll answer your query when we have time...

> Thanking you in advance.
no problem

cheesr
dim

Re: imp - Tomcat with SSL

Posted by pete <pe...@claudia.dyn.dhs.org>.
Tomcat does support SSL, but you will have to recompile it from source,
after downloading the JSSE jars from Sun.

If the JSSE jars are in your classpath, (i put mine in
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/) then tomcat will automatically build with SSL
support.

Once you have an SSL-enabled build, you will have to modify server.xml
so that it will accept SSL connections on port 443.

You may have to jump through some hoops to use Verisign certificates
with the java SSL key management tools.

All this is covered in docs available on the web, but if you have
specific troubles, i can help you out with them, since i have
successfully built and deployed SSL-enabled tomcat.

-Pete

RE: imp - Tomcat with SSL

Posted by Rams <ra...@cmcltd.com>.
Tomcat does support SSL..