Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ivan Vasilev <iv...@sirma.bg> on 2007/10/21 19:05:30 UTC

How to change Collators per field when querying?

Hi Guys,

We have implemented per field setting of Analyzers, based on the
language that is used for the responding field. Example: field FileName
is in English, field Content in Chinese. This we do by creating our
class that implements Analyzer and wraps two analyzers StandardAnalyzer
and CJKAnalyzer and in the method tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader
reader) does the real tokenization with proper analyzer based on the
field name.

So my question is:

What is the best practice Lucene approach to change the Collator object
in the same manner per field during the searching process, when sorting
the results?

Best Regards,
Ivan