Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Stoppelman <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 05:21:00 UTC

Boosting using an external data source

I've created a mapping of query terms to clusters with corresponding
strength values that I want to integrate into lucene
scoring so I can boost documents that match the clusters. I would like to
give a boost based on the normalized score.
In my setup, each document has a field with the clusters their assigned to
which is a string that contains numbers
separated by spaces. I was looking at using ValueSourceQuery but didn't
really understand how I should really deal
with the FieldScoreQuery since the field I need to look up on isn't one of
the defined types. Is there a simpler way I
should be going about this?

I'm using lucene 2.2.0.

Thanks for your help as always,

Re: Boosting using an external data source

Posted by Michael Stoppelman <st...@gmail.com>.
If anyone was wondering how I dealt with this I ended up extending the
TermQuery class and overridding the tf() and idf() functions
like in FuzzyLikeThisQuery.

See FuzzyTermQuery for how they use the SimilarityDelegator object:
contrib/queries/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/FuzzyLikeThisQuery.java

-M