Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rob Evans <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/24 18:48:23 UTC

waiting for a response from server

Hi,

Newbie question.  Sorry if this question has been answered before, I looked
in the archives, but didn't find an answer there.

I've been tasked to test out our oracle portal application server.  I've
been able to use JMeter to record my sessions using the proxy just fine
(session = home page -> logon -> select report and set up -> run report ->
view results -> logout).   But when I try to run a test I run into some
problems.

When the user tells the system to run the report the system goes off and
thinks for a bit (seconds to minutes depending on the report and dates of
interest), when I try to have JMeter perform that part I'm having problems
making it wait until the report is done before it logs off.   I've tried
several different ideas using while loops, response assertions, size
assertions, and timers with no luck.  Is there a cookbook on how to make it
wait until the response is there?   Here's a couple of the structures I
tried I tried

Html request

while loop

assertion (size and response)

while

            html request

                        assertion

html request

simple controller

            constant timer

Thanks for any help

Rob

RE: waiting for a response from server

Posted by Alex Turner <Al...@Project-Network.com>.
Dood!

I did not reply because I did not know the answer :-(

But - I would still like to know how you got it to work :-)

Thanks

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
www.deployview.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com
www.project-network.com

Thanks for looking, i figured it out.  sometimes all it takes is
talking about the problem to find the solution.

Posted by Rob Evans <ro...@gmail.com>.