Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2007/02/03 19:52:11 UTC

Is it possible to do string replacement in an archetype?

I'd have the following in the pom.xml of an archetype:

<jdbc.url><![CDATA[jdbc:mysql://localhost/${artifactId}?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8]]></jdbc.url>

If users use a dash in their artifactId, this will fail on most databases.
Is there a String replacement tool available in the VelocityContext of the
archetype-plugin?  I'd like to do something like:

$stringutil.replace(${artifactId}, '-', '_')

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Is it possible to do string replacement in an archetype?

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
I tried this and it doesn't work.  If I pass in an archetypeId with a dash in
it, it gets replaced verbatime with the archetypeId (no replacement takes
place).

Matt

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,