Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Inigo Surguy <in...@67bricks.com> on 2013/09/26 15:22:21 UTC

Changing Lucene analyzer or adding filter for Jena-text - to support stemming

Hi,

We've got jena-text working to do Lucene indexing, and we'd like to make it use stemming. In Lucene, I think you'd typically do this by using a SnowballAnalyzer, or creating a custom filter that uses a SnowballFilter or a PorterStemFilter.

Is there any way to configure jena-text so it will use a different Lucene analyzer?

Thanks for any help,

Inigo

--
Inigo Surguy
67 Bricks Ltd.

Re: Changing Lucene analyzer or adding filter for Jena-text - to support stemming

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 26/09/13 14:22, Inigo Surguy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've got jena-text working to do Lucene indexing, and we'd like to
> make it use stemming. In Lucene, I think you'd typically do this by
> using a SnowballAnalyzer, or creating a custom filter that uses a
> SnowballFilter or a PorterStemFilter.
>
> Is there any way to configure jena-text so it will use a different
> Lucene analyzer?

Not currently.

The assembler for the text index in

    org.apache.jena.query.text.assembler.TextIndexLuceneAssembler

passing info to

    org.apache.jena.query.text.TextIndexLucene

if you or someone wants to submit a patch.

	Andy

BTW What happens if the analyser at query time is different to that at
index construction time?