Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org> on 2009/01/24 14:43:19 UTC

[c3] Towards alpha-2

I'd like to release Cocoon 3 alpha-2 very soon. The open tasks are

 . rename SAX components and interfaces (i.e. follow the naming
   scheme that is used in the stax module)

 . integrate the final version of the stax module which will contain
   a SAX wrapper, more samples and documentation

 . use the Cocoon XML subproject (requires an official release)

 . apply COCOON3-14 (Use generics for pipeline assembly)

Other tasks that I'd like to see completed but I won't wait for are:

 . find a solution for a pipeline input/output contracts
   (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/79362)

 . I've a working prototyp of the integration of JAX-RS (using Jersey)
   with Cocoon 3. If there are no objections and I have enough time
   to finish it, I'd like to add it to the cocoon-rest module.

Comments?

Re: [c3] Towards alpha-2

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>  . rename SAX components and interfaces (i.e. follow the naming
>>    scheme that is used in the stax module)
> which naming scheme is this? SAXSomething I hope as this is the way
> everyone else is writing these class names.

yes

Re: [c3] Towards alpha-2

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> I'd like to release Cocoon 3 alpha-2 very soon. The open tasks are
Great,

>  . rename SAX components and interfaces (i.e. follow the naming
>    scheme that is used in the stax module)
which naming scheme is this? SAXSomething I hope as this is the way
everyone else is writing these class names.

>  . integrate the final version of the stax module which will contain
>    a SAX wrapper, more samples and documentation
>
>  . use the Cocoon XML subproject (requires an official release)
>
>  . apply COCOON3-14 (Use generics for pipeline assembly)
>

> Other tasks that I'd like to see completed but I won't wait for are:
>
>  . find a solution for a pipeline input/output contracts
>    (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/79362)
>
>  . I've a working prototyp of the integration of JAX-RS (using Jersey)
>    with Cocoon 3. If there are no objections and I have enough time
>    to finish it, I'd like to add it to the cocoon-rest module.
>
> Comments?
+1

Carsten

--