Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Greg Pagendam-Turner <gr...@liftyourgame.com> on 2011/05/17 10:02:00 UTC

How do I setup scout?

Hi,

I've installed a jUDDI server and have downloaded Scout. What do I do
with the jar file?

The Scout web page mentions looking at the unit test but the link is
broken:http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/juddi/scout/trunk/scout/src/test/

Regards,

Greg.

Re: How do I setup scout?

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.
Here's the correct link to the scout sources :

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi/scout/trunk/

Sorry about the broken link, we'll get that fixed.

Re: How do I setup scout?

Posted by Computer Learning Inst <cl...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Greg,

I don't think JAXR talks about authenticating inquiries, so Scout has not implemented authentication. This is to say, the
    authentication code in the BusinessLifeCycleManager is something that is not available in the
    BusinessQueryManager.

It is a possibility that Scout could support this as an optional
    feature.

    The team is close to releasing Scout 1.2.3.

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

yes the URL is wrong.. Our website lists the correct urls here:
http://juddi.apache.org/scout/source-repository.html. Did
we publish the incorrectly url you are referring to?

Anyway, I hope this helps you get going!

You can either use Scout (JAXR implementation), or if you only care
about talking
to a UDDI registry you can use the  juddi-client library straight up.