Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by javier <jr...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/12 11:09:04 UTC

Re : Starting and stopping axis2 server

On linux (tested on FC and Ubuntu) you can write two scripts something like:

axis2_start.sh :

#!/bin/bash
nohup ${AXIS2_HOME}/bin/axis2server.sh > axis2server.log 2>&1 &

axis2_stop.sh:

#!/bin/bash
pkill -P $(pgrep axis2server.sh)

For axis2_start you will launch the standalone server on background with the standard output/error on the axis2server.log file, and you can logout without risk to shut-down your server.

I hope this can be useful

cheers
javier

Posted by javier <jr...@yahoo.com>.
On linux you can create an init script. If you wish to add axis2 as a new service to start when the machine boots you should add the necessary script to the directory /etc/init.d, search some examples on Internet. Alternatively you can add:

${AXIS2_HOME}/bin/axis2server.sh > axis2server.log > 2>&1 &

to the /etc/rc.local file.

javier