Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by fLozano <fj...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/24 21:35:55 UTC

Ode + WSIF

Hi,

I just wanted to let the community know about the efforts being done by our
company to integrate WSIF extensions into Ode.

The purpose of this is to be able to invoke local java classes from Ode.
These classes are exposed in a WSDL with java extensions and instead of
invoking it like a regular web service it's invoked as a regular java class.

Using WSIF also allows us to use EJB, JMS, and other extensions as well.

So far, we've managed to make Ode understand the new WSDL extensions. We did
this by registering the new binding serializers and deserializers provided
by WSIF. We're able to expose the WSDL with the new extensions.

At the moment we're trying make Ode be able to invoke those processes, and
it has been somewhat complicated because of Ode's direct use of SOAP. Still,
we're trying hard to complete the integration and will be posting our
progress.

Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions we're open them.

Thanks,
Fernando
fernando.lozano@cinetsolutions.net

Re: Ode + WSIF

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Fernando, so are you changing Ode to use WSIF APIs directly as a binding
layer? That should work nicely.

We're also integrating WSIF functionality into the Axis2 APIs directly as
well; once that's done the current Axis2 binding will directly support
what Fernando is looking for - including invoking CORBA objects, EJBs and
POJOs as "Web services."

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: Ode + WSIF

Posted by Paul Brown <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Fernando --

paulrbrown@gmail.com
http://mult.ifario.us/

Re: Ode + WSIF

Posted by fLozano <fj...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Our first approach to the integration was to change the WSDL4J library used
by Ode for the one used by WSIF but they proved incompatible. It would seem
that they modified a part of it and put it back together. When we saw this
we chose to go the way we're going now.

The biggest problem we're facing now is how to invoke the exposed service.
Ode does this the usual dynamic invocation way for a SOAP service. We think
that it's best if we change Ode's invocation completely for WSIF's but the
real problem is that we've found that WSIF's invocation isn't truly dynamic.
For example, for a java invocation it is necessary to know the object that
is going to be passed to the service am I right?

How can truly dynamic invocation be accomplished? Can it be accomplished?

Thanks,
Fernando.