Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Owen Thomas <ot...@wcg.net.au> on 2007/03/15 06:48:26 UTC

Generics and java version.

Hello.

Still new to Maven, I'm trying to port a project from Ant to Maven, and get the following error...

H:\CurrentProjects\JVMHost\src\main\java\au\net\wcg\jvmhost\CommandReturn.java:[18,18] generics are not supported in -source 1.3

[INFO](try -source 1.5 to enable generics)

I found this reference: http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=24913, but it talks of changing my "parent POM". I can still count the number of times I can count the times I've used Maven on one hand, and I am yet to receive enlightenment vis-à-vis the nature of the POM.

How do I get maven to compile my project under 1.5? If anyone uses Mavenide for NetBeans, knowing of a NB specific way of doing this would be great too.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

  Owen.

Re: Generics and java version.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/14/07, Owen Thomas <ot...@wcg.net.au> wrote:

> How do I get maven to compile my project under 1.5?

Configure the compiler plugin for 1.5.  There is an example here using 1.4.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/set-compiler-source-and-target.html

--
Wendy

Re: Generics and java version.

Posted by JesseLiu <je...@ecvision.com>.
add the following block to your pom.xml

<project>
<build>
    <plugins>
             <plugin>
                 <configuration>
                     <source>1.5</source>
                     <target>1.5</target>
                 </configuration>
              </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>
</project>

JesseLiu

Posted by Owen Thomas <ot...@wcg.net.au>.
Hello.

Thank you Jesse, Wendy, and others who may have replied subsequent to this message for helping. That appeared to do the trick.

  Owen.