Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gcollins <ga...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/27 23:04:53 UTC

ActiveMQ, Velocity And OSGi

Hello,

I am installing activemq in an OSGi container and I am trying to determine
what the true mandatory dependencies are.

I see in the activemq 5.6.0 karaf feature file the following jars (as well
as others) are required:

mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec/1.3_3
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.oro/2.0.8_3
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.velocity/1.7_1
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.specs/org.apache.servicemix.specs.stax-api-1.0/1.9.0
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xpp3/1.1.4c_5
mvn:joda-time/joda-time/1.6.2
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jdom/1.1_4
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.dom4j/1.6.1_2
mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream/1.3_3

When I load activemq jar by jar using an obr repository (e.g. for a bndtools
run configuration), I am not seeing any direct dependency on the jars above
from the activemq jars. Only when I include velocity, I now see xpp3, jdom
etc. as optional dependencies.

As I don't see activemq reference packages from these jars directly, can I
get away without velocity and these other jars? If these jars are mandatory
what function does velocity and associated jars provide for activemq?

Thanks very much for any info on this. Just trying to keep my OSGi container
slim...:)

regards,
Gareth