Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Litrik De Roy <co...@litrik.com> on 2002/08/03 09:36:54 UTC

Maximum filesize supported by readers

Fellow users,

Are there any limitations on the size of files served by readers
(<map:read/>) ?

What is the size of the largest file that you have served using a reader?

I would like to serve a 50-60 MB file (.exe or .tgz). Did anybody already
encounter problems with files of this size?

Litrik De Roy
www.litrik.com

Re: Maximum filesize supported by readers

Posted by Litrik De Roy <co...@litrik.com>.
Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
>
> > From: Litrik De Roy [mailto:cocoon-users@litrik.com]
> >
> > Fellow users,
> >
> > Are there any limitations on the size of files served by readers
> > (<map:read/>) ?
>
> No, Cocoon does not have a limitation.

Just remembered one thing: Default cocoon's pipeline is cacheable
pipeline, thus it will try to cache reader's response. This is not
desirable in your case, and only solution (right now) is to either:

1. Use non-caching pipeline
2. Or, patch reader (may be I will do this in Cocoon also)

Also, in HEAD branch, there is ByteRangeResourceReader (in the
scratchpad directory) which should work better with large files (it
supports byte ranges requests).

Vadim

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.