Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ryan <ry...@evine.ca> on 2006/01/12 19:58:17 UTC

why key and value attributes?

It seems redundent to have XML tags with 'key' and 'value' attributes,
however since Tapestry and HiveMind are OSS, and very good OSS at that,
I figure there must be some reason. I seem to remember something about
DTDs being the cause...? If so, is XSD flawed (it allows for 'any'
children), too new, or just hasn't been worth the effort?

Thx,
--Ryan

Re: why key and value attributes?

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
key/value is useful for situations where you want to allow user-defined
attributes. :)
(eg: <meta key="SuccessPageName" value="foo"/> in a .page file so that
you can move to
the "success" page w/out hard-coding the page name in.)
Not sure why xsd isn't used, assuming it can handle things like above.

Robert