Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ярослав Когут <sl...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/11 07:59:20 UTC

Stream caching

Hi guys.

I’ve deployed spring cloud application using docker, service is using KStream functionality, and I have problems with /tmp folder.

On some instances of application /tmp folder is from 3 to 6 GB. Maybe I missed some property?

I will be very grateful for the help.

Thanks, best regards.

Kohut Yaroslav

Re: Stream caching

Posted by Ярослав Когут <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello Guozhang!

I’m talking about disk usage, about /tmp/kafka-streams.

My application merges 3 topics, one of them has 120 partitions.

As i understood from documentation(https://docs.confluent.io/current/streams/sizing.html), disk usage depends on partition count. And I really want to decrease size of the tmp folder or try to control it.

Thank you.

Kohut Yaroslav

Re: Stream caching

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.