Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/07/25 21:47:46 UTC

New Livy Logo Discussion and Input

Hey Team,

With our move to Apache I think we should take time to create a new logo
for the project. Our current logo can be seen in the header of the website
currently and personally I think we can do better. I have a designer
available to help with this but need opinions and feedback from more people
than just myself. Any ideas for a logo, from a theme or icon to use, color
scheme, name to icon placement is appreciated.

Some of the vague concepts I've thought of so far include the idea of a
gateway or bridge to symbolize what Livy does. The idea I ran the most with
though take the word word Livy itself as the base, Livy is a Latin
derivative of Olive so I was looking at olives/olive leaves as an icon and
the color olive as a color scheme, which can already been seen on the
website. I've also considered leaving in the Spark orange is some capacity.

Any amount of input is helpful, I don't want to end up limiting ideas to
just what I've already worked on.

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center